The Religion program is currently seeking an intern to help the program expand work being done in conjunction with two ongoing projects, one on Religion & International Affairs, and one on New Directions in the Study of Prayer.
The Social Science Research Council (SSRC), a not-for-profit organization devoted to the advancement of social science research and scholarship, seeks a Fall 2012 intern for the Religion and the Public Sphere Program with a possibility to extend the internship term for the Spring 2012. The Religion and the Public Sphere Program aims to foster innovative research on religion, secularism, and related themes, especially in regard to their impact on contemporary public life; to encourage exchanges and collaborations between scholars working on these and similar topics across disciplinary boundaries; and to inform and elevate public discourse by disseminating rigorous and research-based social science in an accessible form and through innovative and catalytic media.
- Current undergraduate student or recent graduate in the social sciences or humanities; an intellectual interest in the study of religion is ideal
- Strong written and editorial skills, as well as excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Experience with publicity efforts, including through social media
- Proficiency with web publishing platforms and online research
- Familiarity with content, database and document management systems a plus
- Work closely with program staff to help to conceive and implement publicity efforts, including social media, as well as limited online and print advertising
- Assist with social networking and email campaigns in promotion of noteworthy project developments
- Help to expand and organize our network of individual contacts
- Occasionally assist with the day-to-day administration of the program
Terms, Salary and Benefits
The internship will require the ability to work at the SSRC Brooklyn Heights office approximately 10 hours per week for the course of approximately four months (September-December). This is an unpaid internship, with a monthly stipend for travel and expenses.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com (“Religion Fall Intern” should be in the title of the Email). Applications will be accepted through September 10th, 2012.)
See here for more information. (Note US employment eligibility.)